Do You Need Help Paying Rent due to COVID-19?

The UniteCT statewide rental assistance program will accept applications beginning March 15, 2021: The new emergency rental and utilities assistance program will be open for applications starting at 8 a.m. on Monday, March 15, 2021. The program may cover up to 12 months of rent & some utility payments. The assistance is available to anyone with a household income at or below 80% of AMI who has experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information and to apply online, visit: You can also call 1-844-UniteCT (1-844-864-8328) for more information​​​​​​​. Tenants and landlords may apply. If the application for assistance is approved, payments will be made directly to the landlord.

The Homelessness Prevention Program (HPP) provides assistance to eligible applicants who are currently experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of homelessness. To apply, call 2-1-1 and ask about the Homelessness Prevention Program. The requirements include a Notice to Quit, household income at or below 50% of AMI, risk of homelessness, and affordable rent.

Undocumented migrants may also apply for rental assistance by contacting the Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants (CIRI) at (203) 612-5464 or

Translate »