Do You Need Help Paying Rent due to COVID-19?

The State of Connecticut Temporary Rental Housing Assistance Program (TRHAP) will accept applications again starting October 26, 2020.

Apply online at the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority or call 1-860-785-3111 to apply and speak to a Call Center Representative to find out if you are eligible for rental assistance. The program will accept applications from all eligible Connecticut residents, regardless of whether they received unemployment benefits and/or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.

  • Eligible households can get a maximum of $4,000 in rental assistance for rent owed over the 12-month period beginning March 1, 2020.
  • Tenants will be required to pay 30% of their lowest gross income amount (received in March, April, OR May) for rent to their landlord for the months they receive TRHAP funds
  • Payments will be made directly to the Landlord/Property Manager on the tenant’s behalf

Some rental assistance is also available for undocumented migrants. Contact the Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants (CIRI) at (203) 612-5464 or to apply or for more information.

For more information on how to apply for the TRHAP, view our summary of the program requirements in Spanish and English

Information in Arabic
Information in Farsi
Information in Tagalog
Information in Chinese
Information in Khmer

Translate »