Other Moving Resources

Renter Resources

Security Deposit Guarantee ProgramsWhile the SDG program is no longer funded by the State of Connecticut, there are several organizations that provide these types of aid. You can include religious organizations, charities, and others.

Directory of Public Housing Authorities: Contact information and locations of all the public housing authorities in Connecticut.

Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants in Connecticut: The Connecticut Judicial Branch put together this booklet outlining the rights and responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants in the state. You can find important contact information for Fair Rent Commissions, Superior Court Housing Sessions, Legal Aid Offices, and Lawyer Referral Service Offices, among many others.The Judicial Branch also publishes this guide to tenants dealing with an eviction“A Tenant’s Guide to Summary Process: Steps in an Eviction.”

Looking for HUD-Associated Rental Housing in Connecticut (The Blue Book)
This book makes it easier for you to apply to housing associated with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), be it subsidized or market rent. There is also a list of homeless shelters, transitional housing, and agencies that may be able to help you find housing.

Inspection Checklist sample

Legal Resources

CT Network for Legal Aid’s CTLawHelp.org was created by several non-profit legal services organizations. The website includes great resources on a number of housing-related topics, including landlord-tenant issues, evictions, repairs, and other issues.  You can also contact Statewide Legal Services via phone toll-free: 1-800-453-3320, or in Middletown and Hartford at 860-344-0380; they will determine your eligibility for legal assistance and direct you to the appropriate local legal services agency.

General Resources & Services

Connecticut Association for Human Services’ Programs That Help People in Connecticut Directory: A comprehensive list of programs in the state of Connecticut that are organized by category, provide a description of services, and contact information.

United Way 2-1-1 Center: United Way has a long list of community resources that cover just about every possible need you might have. You can find information on employment, housing, health care, education, volunteering, reentry services, and much more.  Call 2-1-1 or visit 211ct.org.

For the LGBTQ+ Community

True Colors LGBTQ Youth Resource Guide: This comprehensive resource guide is for the LGBTQ community and their families, with a particular emphasis on youth programs, and includes information on health and wellness resources, support groups, hotlines, substance abuse, job resources and others.

For People with Disabilities

Disability Letter Generator: If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification from your housing provider, try this free tool from the CT Fair Housing Center.  You can always call us at 860-247-4400 if you need more assistance.

For People Reentering from Incarceration

Reentry Directories: This website includes links to community programs working on re-entry statewide, including resource guides for each region of the state.  These programs can help you find services – including housing assistance – you may need if you are exiting the criminal justice system or any non-community placement, and to support your successful return to the community.  You can also call 2-1-1 to learn more about Reentry resources around the state.

For Seniors

Senior Citizen’s Guide: This website and Resource Guide covers a variety of services for senior citizens including housing, health services, social services, and recreational activities.

Translate »